1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I agree, if only to get them on the record. But I don't think anyone is going to say, "Well, I did rape someone in 1999." I think this is one of those situations where people just hope that they'll get away with the sins of their past until they pretty obviously can't or won't.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Sample dialogue (using this guy only because of his prominence and unaware of any rumors about him):

PAUL RYAN: "We owe it to the American public to make workplaces safe and supportive for women."

QUESTIONER: "Is there anyone in your work history who would say you harassed them?"

RYAN: "Absolutely not. I have shown professional respect to all of the people who have worked with or for me."

Or

RYAN: "I'm not here to talk about the past."

I'd like to hear that with all of these guys. It's the same conversation we've been having here and other decent men have been having all over the country.

3. LongTimeListener

BTW I was thinking about this especially as my wife was talking about how badly Franken was set up and being swept in with the real bad actors here. My point was to her, as it has been here, who cares? If you haven't acted like that, you have nothing to worry about.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There's a documentary to be made about everyone involved in The Usual Suspects, both for some of the terrible things some of them did and the virtuous/interesting lives others in it have led.

You've got Singer and Spacey on one end while guys like Gabriel Byrne and Pete Postlethwaite are kinda on the other end of the spectrum. And you've got people like Stephen Baldwin and Kevin Pollak who went in really interesting directions (evangelist/poker fanatic). del Toro and Giancarlo Esposito who break out.

5. LongTimeListener

But Tootsie!

New Dustin Hoffman Accuser Claims Harassment and Physical Violation on Broadway (Guest Column)

Since they loved my laugh, it was decided that I would stand in the wings on stage left at a mic and laugh on cue in a memory scene being played out on the stage. My laugh had to be choreographed and timed. That scene led directly into the scene in the second act with Dustin and me in the hotel room and Biff walking in on us. My costume was a vintage slip, no bra, garter belt and stockings. The wing space was limited, so directly behind me was a chair where Dustin would sit, with his dresser in attendance, to take water and a short rest before our final scene together.

One night in Chicago, I felt his hand up under my slip on the inside of my thighs. I was completely surprised and tried to bat him away while watching the stage for my cues. After the show he was busy with the producer and director so I had no access to him to address it. It then happened almost every show. Six to eight shows a week. I couldn’t speak to him in the moment because I was on a live mic. He kept it up and got more and more aggressive. One night he actually started to stick his fingers inside me.

. . .

The groping continued. After the shows at parties, whenever he had a picture taken with me, he would put his arm around my rib cage and then grab my breast just before they snapped the picture and then remove it. He was very skilled at dropping his hand just as the picture snapped to avoid it being recorded. But it was pre-digital. You didn’t know what was there until they were developed. Only by luck do I have one such picture — where the camera caught him in the act. A picture I had taken with hopes of sending it to my family. A millisecond in time. There I am — big smile and my arm moving toward his with the intention to push it away. But caught as it is, it seems I’m complicit with the gesture. I was not. Not ever.

[​IMG]

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

His head looks photoshopped onto the body.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I know there's crossover in the Trump thread, but I think Trent Franks just won this one.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Still surprised a name hasn't come out that has derailed a movie franchise or two. I imagine there might be a few.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It is something else. It leaves out his party affiliation, as does the rest of the article.

I’ll just assume that means he’s a Democrat.

The article will likely get a stealth edit after it comes in for the criticism it deserves.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if he's a Whig. Just more scummy behavior by an elected representative.

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

They leave out the party affiliation in another story in this article. He's a Republican. Maybe it doesn't matter?

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.