1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They mention the party affiliation of the two legislators she spoke to about the incident.

But they don’t mention Garcia’s. That weird, and when it involves scandal, it usually follows a pattern.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I thought they mentioned the two legislators' affiliations to show that it wasn't a 'political' thing, if that makes any sense. It didn't matter which party any of the malefactors belonged to and the fact that support for the accuser comes from both sides supports that.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You are obsessed, dude. It's weird and it's creepy. Just FYI.

4. YankeeFan

Sure. But it also acknowledges that party affiliation matters. Why leave it out?

5. YankeeFan

What’s the good reason for leaving out the party affiliation?

And, I’m serious. I bet they add it in later.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

There is a pervy lawmaker who is selling his vote for a fuck. And that doesn't mean one thing to you. All that matters to you is whether there is a D or an R behind his name for your creepy scorebook that you keep.

If you can read that story and all you can think about is party affiliation, then you are demented. It is just creepy and weird how single-minded you are in your life about keeping your D&R scorebook. Wow.

Iron_chet and HanSenSE like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Luckily that's not a common thing in political discourse these days.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Because the point of the story wasn't whether D's or R's were harassing the lobbyists - it's that BOTH sides did and that they had no true recourse.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

YF is right. Party affiliation matters.

Big Circus and YankeeFan like this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

IMG_2164.JPG

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

12. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Sorry, I was pretty swamped yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to answer the joke-bat signal.

Now, to the issue at hand: Whether Dick's "prominent posters" claim – what was it, that "prominent posters" had DM'd him to applaud his clear-eyed, controversial takes or somesuch? – was a "joke." My view, and yes, I'm going to ludicrously pretend that some people care:

– Only Dick can know whether it was a joke or not, and even he might not totally know, since all of us can and do lie to ourselves. I'm not even sure I believe that *he* believes it's a joke. I just don't know.

– Back in the day, I honestly thought he was being serious, and only later claimed that it was a joke after he got some blowback. Not "serious" in the sense that it had actually happened, at least not to any significant degree, but that he wanted us to believe it. But I wasn't on the case in real time, and again, I don't know what's in Dick's heart and mind. That's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an evidently very fit enigma.

– If it was a joke, I score it as middling, at best. Maybe I had to be there. But Dick's had better. (As one would hope, given his posting volume.)

– Joke or not, I much, much prefer it to "You're responding to an imaginary post."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.