1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Offseason baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 5, 2017.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Giants also out.

2. HanSenSE

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Law and some other scouting types say he's not really a ML when it comes to the plate. However, they played Pujols 148 games at DH in 2017, so, your mileage may vary.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hey, I wish he had picked St. Louis, but if I had the chance I'd rather live on the Left Coast, too. I don't blame him for saying no to STL and SF.

But, please, not all of us Cardinals fans are raging assholes like the ones calling Stanton names. Those dicks make us look like Tennessee yahoos.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I hate Arte Moreno but don’t necessarily hate the Angels, although I do delight in their failure.

Having said that, I hope Ohtani lives up to the hype. Would be cool to see, in a fashion, Ruth (Ohtani) and Mantle (Trout) as contemporaries.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Super late night hot stove

7. HanSenSE

Of course the Yankees are going to play nice with Jetes. Just a salary dump for the Marlins. But as we saw with St. Louis and the Giants, Castro has the final say.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If the Yankeee get Giancarlo Stanton... oh my. That lineup is title-ready without Stanton.

Can this actually happen?

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

"Whew." —Every NL contender seeing Ohtani and Stanton go to the junior circuit.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Looks like Stanton to NY is official

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jeter screws up, Yankees benefit.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

God Almighty, if he would have went to the Cubs instead, @bestfansstlouis would have melted down.
    Please go to the Cubs.

Draft saved Draft deleted