1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched the last several years, but I don’t remember him ever being on.

Which, based on Colicchio’s tweet, was likely deliberate.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I was hoping it wasn't Collichio. I know it is TV but he seems to have a genuine affinity for the chefs on his show and wants them to succeed.

He seems like a good guy.

Machine Head likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is Rocco Dispirito even involved in a restaurant anymore?

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Dude, you know "The Godfather" wasn't real, right?

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

He’s been on “Guy’s Grocery Games” and comes off as nice. Grain of salt, TV and all that.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Back in "The Restaurant" days, didn't his staff hate him because all he'd do during dinner service was hit on all the hot customers?

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That was an ... interesting ... show. There was one episode in which a few of his line cooks/sous chefs, having not gotten paid in like a month, decided they’d take their leave of the place and he got all pissy about it. Like, get out of my kitchen you back-stabbers, etc. I’m thinking, you ever think about paying your people?

8. Machine Head

I don’t know specifics about past behavior, but he’s been open for quite a while that he’s not the person he was back then.

9. Machine Head

A quick look at IMDb says no credited appearances.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Every endeavor of his ends in lawsuits. He's even in a pissing match with his family over his deceased mother's estate.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The show was fake and I imagine the advertisers who paid to be embedded in it didn't walk away very happy. The restaurant (Tv show and actual restaurant) failed, Rocco was sued and lost the judgement and I haven't heard of him actually doing anything in a restaurant since.

12. Machine Head

From Bourdain’s reaction I thought it was Tom C or Eric R. If it would’ve been Guy F I think Bourdain would’ve tweeted something quite different.

There were accusations made a few years ago against Guy by a DDD producer he had a business falling out with. If true, and I have no idea if they are, man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.