1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He calls her dreamgirl and dollface in those released texts, and she replies immediately in very friendly tones and goes on with setting up their out-of-office meetings.

It doesn't look that unusual in that context.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

True. A lot of it reads like two people who are dating. It's weird. But on the other hand, I can understand how she was in a no-win situation. How do you respond to that?

3. LongTimeListener

Not with winky emojis. For sure.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

“Doll face?” Where did these trysts take place, in the 1950s?

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's not weird if it really is two people planning a date.

6. Dick Whitman

Good point.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Not that different than the texting for my date amid Indian food last month. Oh wait...

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

His words were the same words echoed across industries. It wasn’t some magical insight, it was the tired “they took mah rightful white man job” bullshit. It was lazy misogynism, implying women who get even a little ahead in a male-dominated industry probably don’t deserve to be there.

I don’t care even a little bit that you are tired of it.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've definitely experienced and witnessed women being flirty and friendly to gain influence or support. I don't know how some men are supposed to differentiate between someone being interested in them and/or being manipulated by them for some other thing (a better job, a project, etc.)
    Though it is telling that in all of these stories that have come out, I haven't heard a single man come out and say "I'm surprised, I thought she liked me."

10. Dick Whitman

[​IMG]

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

'Cause that's a no-win in the court of public opinion. Better to apologize and be contrite.

12. LongTimeListener

Charlie Rose said that about the 21-year-old who was standing there when his sagging 65-year-old balls walked out of the shower.

doctorquant, poindexter and YankeeFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.