1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

People on the inside are *never* biased about their industry.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This may be one of the dumbest things you've posted.

It's not an issue of bias. As someone who works in the industry, I actually know how the industry works. You do not.

Again, I'm not complaining about how the hiring works. I'm not saying it's unfair. It doesn't even affect me. I'm just telling you how it works.

Seriously -- just for a moment you should pause and reflect on the fact that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You are trying to peddle bullshit to people who have actual knowledge on the subject.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I hate it when I've no clue what your posts mean.
    When certain others do it, I figure it's because they're dumb.
    But when you--Mr. fancy pants math professor--do it, I figure I must be the dumb one.

Edit: I just googled branch and bound algorithm. Read up on it. Tried to understand. Still have no fucking clue.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    YankeeFan and JC like this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Don't worry, Rick will be along soon to tell him how he has misapplied the idea of that algorithm.

Stoney likes this.
  5. RickStain

Nothing I've said is specific to the industry, so it doesn't require industry-specific knowledge. You're going to have to live with my disagreement, if you can.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You’re not dumb. If you and I are ever stranded on a desert island, I suspect my math skills won’t be what keeps us alive.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Integer constraints ... white privilege ... tomato, tomahto.

8. PCLoadLetter

And yet we're talking about a specific industry, with specific challenges and specific hiring issues.

I can live with your proudly ignorant disagreement. Just understand that stumbling through life thinking you have all the answers to issues you know nothing about makes you look like an asshole.

QYFW likes this.
  9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I appreciate the kind words. But I'm afraid I've little to offer on that island either. Maybe if we have someone like @Inky_Wretch to shoot some hogs for us, we stand a chance of eating. Otherwise, I fear we're both screwed.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  10. RickStain

So does shitting on women in your industry.

11. PCLoadLetter

Which no one was doing, but you won't actually read a post before arguing with it.

12. RickStain

I read the post. That part of it was shitty.

The defenses read word for word the same as the tech bros or any other male-dominated industry and how they defend the shitty little comments about how the women who make it don't *really* belong and don't really want to do the jobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.