1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Force Awakens" (with SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Dec 18, 2015.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm guessing they go another direction for Rey as a love interest, based on a moment late in the movie.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Perhaps. I think that would be a mistake. The chemistry with Finn is really good. When Finn wakes up from his coma, Poe says, "You must have a thousand questions" but Finn's only question in "Where's Rey?"

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Maybe Rey is interested in another guy, but Finn is clearly interested in her ...

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Going to use my considerable media influence to begin shipping Rey and Rose, just to make Gamer Gate's head explode.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There's a lot to unpack in this movie for sure. One thing is being overlooked (and yeah, I get to use the spoiler button again!)

RIP to Admiral Akbar. Too bad he had to share his death scene with a lot of others.

The actor who voiced the character died last year. I think he had only one line.

itsatrap.jpg

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Regarding Finn ...
    Anyone else think Finn should have died in his attempt to take out the big cannon? It would have given him a hero's death and a purpose besides being "the guy who goes on a wacky caper." But I guess Disney can't kill the only black cast member who's not buried by CGI.

Deskgrunt50 and Double Down like this.
  7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Double Down likes this.
  9. Deskgrunt50

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Luke Skywalker: Christ figure.

Right?

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This was one part that took me out of the movie. When a spaceship runs out of fuel, it doesn't just stop like a car running out of gas. In fact, they only need to conduct enough burns to make sure their speed matches or slightly exceeds Snoke's ship. It's a quick burst. Make it so the long range blasts chip away at the shields. At some point each shield generator burns out from constantly holding off the barrage and one by one the ships are destroyed. It changes absolutely nothing about the film but makes it slightly more believable. But I guess that's too Star Trek.

12. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Quick question:

At the end, before Luke disappears leaving only a cloak, I thought he looked into the two suns and saw an Imperial cruiser. But as they cut between Rey, Luke and Leia, I never saw the cruiser again. Anybody else see a cruiser there?

Draft saved Draft deleted