1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

In a Spacey-esque twist, he resigned in March 2010 "amid allegations that he had groped and tickled male staff members."

Not that there's anything (more) wrong with that.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My humble apologies, you paper cut.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Just keep telling the professional fact-seekers here that they're the dishonest ones, Paget's Disease of the Breast.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Let’s not blow too much smoke up the collective asses of our fine membership.

Of those that are still in journalism, we’ve got folks who edit, design, work in the toy department, and one guy who writes celebrity profiles. So, spare me the professional fact-seekers label, would you, you sprained ankle?

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

(Psssst... here's one for next time: Condyloma acuminatum)

7. typefitter

Come to sportsjournalists.com, where even coffee-machine repairmen feel justified in looking down on your profession and career!

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I denounce this, too. Ya painful rectal itch!

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Objectively speaking, there aren’t many careers that can’t look down on sports journalism in every tangible way we measure careers.

QYFW likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I've seen the damage that can be done in defining oneself by their job. I would hope most people are more than their work. Especially journalists!*

*I can say that, as well as tell fat jokes.

11. typefitter

I dunno. I spoke to a Writer's Craft class at the local high school today and told them they should be writers. Best job in the world.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Admittedly, my experience was with the aftereffects of no longer being able to work a job that defined you. Writing doesn't necessarily fall into that category. Then again, there's Ernest Hemingway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.