1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: So we were talking about rules

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 18, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

EXACTLY

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now the problem is the officials, including the replay guys in New York, are clearly as confused as the rest of us.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Apparently, the national anthem controversy still has a hold on the thinking of quite a few NFL fans. I can't think of any other explanation for Alejandro Villanueva making the Pro Bowl. It sure as hell wasn't the quality of his play at left tackle.

For those that care, here is a link to the rosters.
    NFL announces 2018 Pro Bowl rosters

The Steelers led all teams with eight players, including Villanueva but once again leaving out Cameron Heyward, reminding us all once gain how these things are a joke.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not signing up. Who is that dude?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Brady's exercise and nutrition guru. Like many such, about 50 percent helpful common sense, 50 percent quackery.

QYFW likes this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Tyreek Hill named a Pro Bowl kick returner despite rarely returning kicks.

For the third straight year (the John Fox era) the Bears had no Pro Bowlers.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He's the one who designed the TB12 "system," right? Which the Patriots now use, and which Brady ostensibly profits from.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Scoring leader by a solid margin.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7 of 8 from 50+ yards this year. Yikes. I was hoping that was a fake Schefter account.

11. albert777

albert777 Active Member

My younger son, the soldier who expects to be deployed sometime next year, sprang for two tickets to the Saints-Falcons game as a Christmas present for dear old dad. And he didn't scrimp either, they're 300-level 50-yard-line. I'll break out my No. 9 jersey and wallow in being a Saints fanboi for what I hope will be a win that clinches a playoff berth.

My very first NFL game was also a Saints-Falcons game, opening day 1979. Our seats were the very top row of the nosebleed section in the end zone at the Superdome. So we had a clear, unobstructed view of Russell Erxleben shot-putting a "pass" (after a bad snap on a punt attempt) right into the chest of a Falcons defender who only needed about three giant strides to score the game-winning touchdown in overtime. They weren't called the Aints for nothing back in those days.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That post segues nicely into this, @albert777.
    Today is the 14-year anniversary of another great moment in Saints history.

Draft saved Draft deleted