1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Offseason baseball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Elliotte Friedman, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

"Hey, Bob, what could make you sell the team?"
    "Nutting"

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good point, making the signing look even worse.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Just have a floor.

4. outofplace

See? JC's got useless, repetitive and lazy covered! Now if he could just expand his game a little.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes, it's me with the repetitive posts.

6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Keith Law pointed out that minus his surge of 10 homers in 20 days in May, he still hit 256 / 353 / 435. That's not awful, and two years, $16M isn't going to kill them. Seems like a reasonable price to pay for a platoon bat, although like Law, I'd rather have Matt Adams for one year, $4M.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. outofplace

Actually, it is lazy, useless and repetitive. Please get it right. Thank you.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Of course now he's born again and wants to help Lamar Odom. Amazing how these guys get religion -- after they've had all the sex and drugs fun in their 20s and 30s.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

In the millenials thread, all the middle-aged guys are saying how much they wished they'd done it that way.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, that always irks me.
    On the one hand, good for them for getting on the right path eventually. Sometimes you have to go through the darkest of times to find the light, and maybe there's a reason for that. For the right people, it puts them in a position to help others and make the world a better place.
    On the other hand, it makes me feel like a bit of a doofus for doing the right things for 40 years. Where's the parade for folks who, against all odds, managed NOT to become sex-addicted crackheads at age 25?

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted