1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He's going to catch all sorts of hell over these comments.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Doesn’t he have The Gay?

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Why should he catch hell for that?

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"He then went on to share his own experiences during the early ’60s. “The director of the theatre I was working at showed me some photographs he got from women who were wanting jobs,” he said. “Some of them had at the bottom of their photograph ‘DRR’ — directors’ rights respected. In other words, if you give me a job, you can have sex with me.” He pointed out how that was commonplace and said it was “madness.”

I suspect he's going to get tagged with blaming the women, even though it is likely true and is an anecdote from fifty years ago.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, that would be nonsense. He's neither blaming women nor being an apologist for men. And it's clear from his other comments that he condemns the practice.

Instead he's simply telling us how it was. No reason why, in doing so, he must revise history by pretending there were no women willing to play the game.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    LongTimeListener and lakefront like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ:

According to the report, Bowman engaged in consensual sexual relationships with subordinates, propositioned co-workers, and promoted a culture of heavy drinking outside the office. In one incident, the Journal wrote that Bowman shoved an executive affiliated with the Boston Red Sox.

Former MLB President Bob DuPuy and former MLB Commissioner Bud Selig were told that employees were concerned about Bowman's behavior at least 10 years ago, according to the Journal.

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Well, they wouldn’t get too far offering to sleep with him.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Unless they had the gay also.

My point before was, what does being gay have to do with having knowledge of the situation?

Reminds me that there have been posters re Meryl Streep. Will look for it.

11. TheSportsPredictor

12. TheSportsPredictor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.