1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't read the article. I thought he was talking about multitudes of women offering sex to HIM for roles.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I went on to tell her how Michael Irvin had also made inappropriate gestures and comments. How once, on the set of GameDay, he grabbed my waist while I was powdering him on set during a commercial break. I was mortified. Not only was this unwanted attention not acceptable, I was worried that everyone witnessing this might believe I thought this was okay. Or worse—welcomed.

One woman's story: sexual harassment at NFL Network

bigpern23 and Stoney like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I do not want to find out that anyone on "Good Morning Football" harasses Kay Adams.* That would wreck me.

* Not referring to Michael's wife. They would be dead.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

7. lakefront

Ha! Neither did I! carry on!

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

This is the other side of the coin that rates discussion. It is common knowledge that some women seek out and fuck their male bosses in exchange for career advancement. Who these women are is usually an open secret. These women typically are subject to gossip but suffer no other adverse consequences.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

If you throw that out there, you should throw this out there, too. JOU101.

The artists are referring to accusations (which Streep has denied) that she had knowledge of Weinstein's alleged predatory behavior and did not speak up. That claim has been promoted by actress Rose McGowan, who alleges she was raped by Weinstein.

On Tuesday, Streep issued a response to McGowan. "I want to let her know I did not know about Weinstein’s crimes, not in the ‘90s when he attacked her, or through subsequent decades when he proceeded to attack others," Streep stated. "I wasn’t deliberately silent. I didn’t know. I don’t tacitly approve of rape. I didn’t know."

11. lakefront

That story has been out since the beginning of this, doesn't everyone know people have doubts about Streep? My post is the reaction, by some, to that.
    If someone tells a story about a baseball game should they start by telling the history of the sport?

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Look what phrase I got to use today in an actual piece of writing, peoples:

The question remaining in the State’s civil action, then, was when it should have discovered his fraudulent concealment of the theft, which was an established fact.

doctorquant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.