1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My god, she’s terrible. She actually criticized Halperin’s victims for refusing her attempts to set up face to face meetings between Halperin and his victims.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

That story about changing the writer's answer to "Yes" I will have sex with Muse is so....I don't even have a word for it.

That is the worst non-physical attack I've ever heard of

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It's so shady on every level.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

And last January, Vice reached a $24,000 settlement with Joanna Fuertes-Knight, a former journalist in its London office, who said she had been the victim of sexual harassment, racial and gender discrimination and bullying, according to documents viewed by The Times. Among Ms. Fuertes-Knight’s claims were that a Vice producer, Rhys James, had made racist and sexist statements to her, including asking about the color of her nipples and whether she slept with black men. Ms. Fuertes-Knight, who is of mixed race, is bound by a confidentiality agreement and declined to comment.

That's extra fucking stupid, too.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This thread where Vice employees voice everything the Times missed makes Vice look like a cesspool of assholes.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Who did Ebola sexually assault?

YankeeFan likes this.
  10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

thanks, moved it.

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Three longtime hosts out at New York public radio, including long-timers Leonard Lopate and writer/Sinatra expert Jonathan Schwartz. The by-now standard backstory, according to the Times and others. Complaints, a solid paper trail, etc etc.

What strikes me here is that the two men above are in their late 70s. Seriously. I know this is about power and not sex, but wow, at what point do you cool it with that? On air, Schwartz also struck me as someone who'd be sensitive and completely above this behavior. What a shame.

New York Public Radio Fires WNYC Hosts Leonard Lopate and Jonathan Schwartz

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I really think they're mishandling this at every step. Unless there's more, what came out about Lopate seems entirely believable, but not a fire-able offense. He always speaks like he views himself as a clinician, so that any PG-13 talk is high-brow and only the unwashed masses would view it as prurient. I'm stunned that Laura Walker still has her job and I think they are in for a rude awakening come pledge drive time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.