1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: So we were talking about rules

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 18, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Couldn't have done it without Jeff Fisher leaving them in pretty good shape.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not that I think the Bills had a shot, anyway, but this is getting ridiculous. That's at least three touchdowns against the Patriots taken away on controversial reversals, including a potential tying score by the Jets and what looked like a game-winner for the Steelers. Also, New England's winner against the Texans should have been overturned by the exact same rule that was applied last week. I ask again, who has the deal with the Devil?Belichick, Brady or both?

Edit: I wasn't watching and just caught it, so I went back to see the reaction on the Steelers fan board I frequent. The meltdown was every bit as epic as you might expect.

They did show me one interesting statistic. The Patriots were called for two penalties for a total of four yards last week and two for 10 this week. They are either playing some incredibly clean football right now or...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  3. outofplace

Pereira is right. What happened to irrefutable evidence being the standard to overturn a call on the field?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is there a more 49ers play than picking off a pass and taking it to the house, but getting the PAT blocked and returned for two?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Uniform watch: Have the Jaguars been wearing thes half-black, half-gold helmets all season? Not that any one of us have watched the Jags all season ...

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

FTFY

8. outofplace

Maybe, but the 49ers are the ones who did it. Then they gave up a touchdown. Then they threw an interception on third-and-goal right before the half, giving away a field goal.

Edit: The Jaguars just charged down the field in under two minutes and scored the tying touchdown on a ball that went through Fournette's hands only to have Strong catch it in the end zone.

Give the Jaguars credit. They take advantage of every opportunity. The 49ers kicked their asses for most of the first half, but this game is going to be tied at the break.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Browns not only got a first down inside the 5 but then fumbled out of the end zone today but also had a pick-6 overturned on an offsides call.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

A) You're right

2) It was a joke meant to deflect just how bad the Niners have been over the last two-plus seasons

11. outofplace

Gotcha. Well, I'm all for jokes at the Browns' expense. :)

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They've had them since 2013.

Draft saved Draft deleted