1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: So we were talking about rules

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 18, 2017.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Not quite like this, at least if we're talking 2015. Only one game with more than 300 yards - 308 - and 10 TDs to 6 INT, before being benched for Manning. - Brock Osweiler 2015 Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Before today, Garroppolo had 3 TDs in 3 games. Calm down, everyone.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A second-round pick for Garoppolo is looking like one of the great steals ever. He is the only difference between the 1-10 team and the 4-0 team.

When they put some actual weapons behind him, he’s a top 10 QB. And with a ton of draft picks and essentially unlimited cap space, they can get good fast.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

#4games

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yes, but nothing so far indicates he's not at least quite good. I don't think anyone's saying he's the return of Joe Montana, but he looks like a better than decent NFL QB.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

1-10
    4-0

I hear ya, but it has been incredible to see. They couldn’t do a damn thing right.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I don't begrudge Niners fans their excitement. But maybe being a Bears fan, I assume the worst of QBs.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I was skeptical at first, just because it's the 49ers, but one player has made that much difference.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Nick Foles had one of the most efficient seasons in NFL history not too long ago. We'll see.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

But you’ve got Mitch Trubisky!

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

He looks better than any of the young Bears quarterbacks in my lifetime. Kid has managed to have some decent games with the worst set of receiving weapons in the league. Today -- and granted it was the Browns -- he played a very efficient, no-turnover game despite Jordan Howard gaining less than 50 yards on 20-plus carries. Just need some 21st century coaches.

Draft saved Draft deleted