1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 16: So we were talking about rules

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Conditi
    Eli's career is so weird. It's all really amazing highlights and even more amazing lowlights. One Sunday he looks like the GOAT, then two others, he's just the goat.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, Manning did just throw for 434 yards and three touchdowns against the Eagles in Week 15. His skills have definitely diminished, but at least part of it is the collapse of the team around him. Of course, Cousins is a much better option, but he's a very expensive option.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Cousins is going to be franchised. Again.

Because the Redskins are morons.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The system is going to save them from themselves. They can’t give him $34M even if they want to (which they undoubtedly do).

Would be something to see though. Instead of giving him $60 million guaranteed on a long-term deal, they would have then paid him $78 million for three years.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Move over, Festivus.

The new best secondary yuletime occasion is All the Jewish Guys on SJ.com Yelling at Each Other Christmas Night.

QYFW likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Probably. Gotta think he would love to go somewhere and try to build something, but pocketing $75 million for three years has to make up for most of the dysfunction.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know what Cousins is like at all. Is it possible he's the sort who enjoys fucking over Dan Snyder as much as he does winning games? If so, good for him.

8. MisterCreosote

They most certainly CAN give him that much, and Bruce Allen has pretty much said they're willing to.

The only way I can see Cousins leaving this offseason is if Jay Gruden leaves first.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Really? They can take a $34 million cap hit? Wow. I guess this really is the “if you won’t love me, you can’t love anyone else” of the NFL.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You can tell which relatives are Trump voters - the ones who non-chalantly but proudly boast over Christmas that they have "stopped following the NFL."

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I wish I would have.

12. MisterCreosote

They'll be almost $60 million under the cap.

I'm guessing if anything changes, it'll be a non-exclusive tag, which also doesn't make sense because no other team is dumb enough to match the $34 million he'll get in Washington.

Draft saved Draft deleted