1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I will say I look forward to re-reading this thread (not in one sitting) at the end of this presidency, be it three years or three months from now. It will make for some good reading with a scotch and a blazing fire in the woodstove.

Kind of wish SJ.com was around on June 17, 1972, and to see what the next two years would have been like on here.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

After a few days in rural farm country, I’m convinced all the big metros dropping in to do stories on small towns are totally missing the importance of Topix and the role it plays in daily life here.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I had never heard of Topix, so I went to their site, and in my local forum this was one of the top/recent posts:

Hmmm I Think I Sharted

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It’s the damnedest thing. In big cities or even mid-sized ones, it’s just junk like that. In small towns? It shapes the entire day’s discussion among a lot of people. Folks cheating on their spouses get outed there. People openly speculate which kids on the HS bball team are dopeheads.

franticscribe likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In my small town, there's hardly anything on Topix. Maybe five posts in the last five months.

In the small town where I was a one-man SE, it's exactly as you describe.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That is wild. Wonder what they get up to on Nextdoor, if it's even available in their towns.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Do they think that everyone didn’t pay the poll tax?

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

We should all care a little less about our country being “led” by an incompetent criminal, pathological liar and fervent supporter of Nazis and child molesters, just so this thread is easier for you to read.

RickStain likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This fuckin guy ...

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's the spirit! You can lead the way. Post less!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.