1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump is stupid and ignorant, thanks for the reminder
    The Postal Service receives NO tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.

What about UPS and FedEx?

Trump to Americans, you need to pay more for shipping

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And we'll find out how badly the GOP wants to lose in 2018.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You're assuming the priest didn't leave the note on his own car?

BadgerBeer and heyabbott like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Tis the Happy Holidays season. I was being kind.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm actually with Trump on Amazon and the USPS, but really not for the reasons Trump is trolling him. (He knows he can't call Bezos' Washington Post "failing" because even he's not dumb enough to think Bezos can't fund it at a deficit until we're all worm food. That must drive him nuts.)

BUT, I do think these delivery services need to pay their fair share and so do the rest of us.

The postal service does all of Amazon's dirty work. It takes the losses and Amazon reaps the rewards. I can order a box of Kleenex on Amazon and have them delivered in two days for essentially free into the hinterlands of rural Indiana. That's nuts. Someone's paying for that, even if I'm told it's a free service.

I also think we've been spoiled by the USPS for generations. Mailing a letter across a continent should probably cost more than 49 cents.

Conservatives complain about the USPS losing money. Liberals complain because we don't support the USPS enough. There's a way to solve both of those issues. We should all pay a little more for the services — including Wal-Mart and Amazon.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's probably tax deductible, and he'll deduct an inflated retail price while paying wholesale for producing the dinner.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Plenty of competition, but she has to be a starter on the Worst Parents of 2017 Team.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

he's going to grow up to be a real pussy

lakefront likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That "expert" is a talk show host. I guess she's considered a comedian, too?

And yet she is communicating with the President of the United States on his level. You must be so proud.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, now I see the idiocy you are trying to push. You want to argue that it is somehow an accomplishment for President of the United States to get people's attention. So are you that stupid or do you just think everybody here is that dumb?

Also, she wasn't pulling her hair out. She was making fun of him. You really should learn the difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.