1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Crab, NC and the rest can't bring themselves to support pro-democracy supporters literally putting their lives on the line.

Your complaints that YF is a partisan hack should fall on deaf ears for eternity.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is silly too.

Please give some evidence of this "purge".

Secondly, he has excellent advisers around him, with plenty of experience on the world stage.

I think Rex Tillerson, James Mattis, Dina Powell and others are in a far better position to give Trump advice regarding Iran than failed novelist Ben Rhodes was.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Maybe we should all put some filter on our Facebook pages that shows our support for the peaceful protesters in Iran? What else should we do?

The Obama administration got behind the most reasonable voices within Iran in decades — Rouhani and Zarif — but the Trump administration shut that down and immediately began provoking instability through its support of Saudi Arabia and the Sunnis. And while the Iranian presidency remains tightly controlled/restricted for the time being (intelligence, defense, security, etc.) by Islamist hardliners, a majority of the actual people — everyday Iranians — were born after the revolution and want the country to engage with the west. Last year’s elections demonstrated that.

I have no idea what point you were trying to make about Hezbollah, so I’ll let that go at the moment. If you would like us to engage in a serious drone program against them, let’s do it.

Additionally, your suggestion that one is an anti-Semite unless they see the world through necons (Bibi eyes!) viewpoint is insipid.

And for all of the tragedy of Syria (Assad should have been assassinated) and Libya, let me remind you just how well regime change worked in Iraq.

So what is it you’d like to see done? I can change my Facebook page as soon as we decide.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Nuclear weapons turn sand into glass.

5. Vombatus

Sort of gets rid of pesky humans too.

6. Vombatus

And then you can still extract the oil out of the ground.

7. Vombatus

Just a hypothetical possibility. I'm not advocating for it.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes because foreign policy is just like a “Turn Iran into a parking lot” bumper sticker from 1979.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Expert says trump doesn’t have narcissistic personality disorder “To qualify . . . an individual’s selfish, un-empathetic preening must be accompanied by significant distress or impairment. Trump certainly causes severe distress and impairment in others, but his narcissism doesn’t seem to affect him that way.”I'm an expert on diagnosing mental illness. Trump doesn’t meet the criteria

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Well, Trump doesn't seem able to face up to the facts. He's tense and nervous and can't relax. He starts conversations without finishing them. He talks a lot but isn't saying anything.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That just means he’s stupid, uninteresting, shallow and weak. Saying he’s diseased is unfair to those who are suffering. He and his supporters are just bad people, literally bad. Unless bad is a disorder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.