1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I agree 100 percent that recent protests began over economic problems and spread to wider dissatisfaction and anti-mullah fervor. I just need to know when should I change my Facebook profile filter. Is there anything else you’d like to see happen in support of the peaceful Iranian protesters?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’m sure the words of actual Foreign Service personnel won’t matter, but ...

Diplomats Sound the Alarm as They Are Pushed Out in Droves

What’s really silly is citing Trump’s advisors as an asset when the doddering old fool routinely undoes their work or undermines their efforts via Twitter.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

As long as they're not the usual bought-and-paid-for-by-the-United States protesters. We'll know for sure if the revolution is assigned a stupid color.

FTFY

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The article is a joke, and you know it.

Mr. Miller got just five minutes with the secretary of state, the former officials said. Afterward, Mr. Miller, a career Foreign Service officer, was pushed out, joining a parade of dismissals and early retirements that has decimated the State Department’s senior ranks. Mr. Miller declined to comment.

What does this even mean? How was he "pushed out"? You can't just say that, and expect us to believe you. What's the evidence for the claim?

In a letter to Mr. Tillerson last week, Democratic members of the House Foreign Relations Committee, citing what they said was “the exodus of more than 100 senior Foreign Service officers from the State Department since January,” expressed concern about “what appears to be the intentional hollowing-out of our senior diplomatic ranks.”

What makes this an "exodus"? How many leave on an annual basis, when there's a new administration, when the WH changes hands from one party to the other?

Were any of the 100 "purged"?

His small cadre of aides have fired some diplomats and gotten others to resign by refusing them the assignments they wanted or taking away their duties altogether. Among those fired or sidelined were most of the top African-American and Latino diplomats, as well as many women, difficult losses in a department that has long struggled with diversity.

Gotten others to resign. LOL.

The main thing he has done is to get rid of dozens of "special envoys" which is a good thing.

There's no evidence that State has been unable to provide the SoS or the President with what they want and/or need from them.

The overall headcount is largely unchanged.

That Tillerson is putting in his own team, or wants fewer direct reports is the kind of normal reorganizing any CEO would do.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

What does it mean when a politician and dealmaker is unable to string three or four coherent sentences in a row to establish his position and thoughts?

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Clicked on this. Found out he blocked me. Wondered why, as I have never heard of him.

Then I found a tweet of mine from 12/13:

Let it be known no one cares RT @SohrabAhmari Let it be known that I've not read a single word of Mike Elk's copy--& don't plan to start now

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It means he’s a dullard, uniformed, intellectually lazy, shallow, selfish and lacks interpersonal skills

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, we don't know that, YankeeFan. It's an article you don't like, so you think it is a joke.

You constantly post shit that is far more flimsy.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He's the reincarnation of Peter III (grandson of the Great), who coincidentally formed an alliance with his country's enemy.

I don't think there is any Catherine The Great in Melania, however. So we're stuck with him.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Let’s just hope he’s not the last POTUS. Ask his supporters, they would rather have a right wing dictatorship than an elected democracy where a Hillary Clinton or Barak Obama could get elected again

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Syria and Libya already were in civil war before we got involved.

I'm sure you'll ignore this point in favor of another irrelevant shot at me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.