1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think that a person can be all of those things and still be able to speak in complete sentences which have some logical connection between them.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Corroborated by a discussion with a high school classmate now serving as a deputy chief of mission for us in an African nation.

But, yeah, LOL. All is well. Those fingers in your ears up to the knuckle yet?

3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Without looking, I’d lay money that female pastor is a co-pastor with her husband.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump may have great advisors. But he doesn't listen to them. A power outage hits Faux News studios and he won't know what to do.

BadgerBeer and Inky_Wretch like this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Which points to 4 possibilities

A. Hillary Clinton is more despised than any living American, to lose an election to trump

B. 62,979,636 Americans are dumber than trump

C. Russia gets it done

D. All of the above

9. Neutral Corner

Trump's increasing incoherence is the subject, not the election results.

As to your four possibilities, I'd take D, with some combination of the above. I think that there are a number of people who voted against Hillary, but not because they despised her. No matter what a policy wonk she is, she simply has none of the attributes of a successful politician. Even if you basically agree with her positions, it is nearly impossible to warm to her as a part of her intended audience.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

E. Aging white Americans are feeling a depressed existential angst over the loss of the unspoken lie that they were the most important people in the world because God specially chose them, as opposed to the accidents of fate and the inheritance of their pillaging and genocidal ancestors, and are lashing out with intentional infliction of harm upon society.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That assessment is hard to square with her receiving the second most votes for president of any candidate in history.

lakefront likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Note that I was in the process of rewriting that more clearly when you replied.

I think that it was a combination of factors, and also that Comey's late letter somehow didn't appear in heyabbott's list of causes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.