1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

cjericho likes this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That's where the "pallets of cash" went?

Yeah who didn't see that coming? I'm starting to think as poorly of Kerry's State Dept. as I do of HRC's.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Skyrocket? Come on. The agricultural sector is ballpark $1 trillion, but farm subsidies are only about $25 billion. Further, lots of these subsidies have little to do with food (e.g., ethanol).

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not fake: President of the USA called neo Nazis " very fine people."

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

the Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC) program and the Price Loss Coverage (PLC) program are basically federal Health insurance subsidies for farms. Where the outcry from the red state Farms that Blue state taxpayers are subsidizing their insurance?

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Look, a couple of things:

1) Farming is hard work. Sun up to sun down. My grandfather gave my dad one big piece of advice: do NOT be a farmer.

2) The US food production chain from source to table is what we call a potential terrorism threat vector. You disrupt that in a major way (poisons, chembio, cow diseases, etc.) you are going to have a lot of starving people in cities. Then that leads to civil unrest.

I don't have a problem with any farm subsidies except for that ethanol shit. That's taking food off our plates, increasing food prices, and pumping shitty gas into our cars and lawnmowers. I've got two royally screwed up lawnmowers now. Fuck ethanol.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The hits keep coming from Reuters.

9. heyabbott

Food stamps are 6.62 billion a year, farm subsidies are 25 billion, at least. I agree with both programs, for most part. But let’s be knowledgable about who is on welfare and to what extent. 9 million mothers and young children are on WIC. Farmers are getting more welfare and there’s less of them and many framer welfare recipients are multimillion dollar companies. Republican welfare whores

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

But at least the government in charge has banned abortion on demand.

11. heyabbott

The religious government in Iran has more in common with the religious government in Washington than they differ. Abortion, women's Rights , gays and same sex marriage. Use of force to implement religious dogma, nuclear weapons and military intervention to,solve domestic problems, Iran and trump are the same.

The only difference between trump and Iran is Israel and Saudi Arabia.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I ain’t defending it, dingus. Just putting it in numerical context.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.