1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

The leeches in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and MLS have been stealing billions from taxpayers around our nation for years. I think we should shut them down until they pay all the stadium money back, and then see how it goes.

cjericho likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We talked about this quite a bit in the golf topic, how there were some who were convinced he would become "more presidential" when he clinched the nomination, made his speech at the conventions, took the oath, etc. Unfortunately, it's taken being on the brink of war for all but the truest believers to realize the error of their ways.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If the tax cuts provision is so costly to the treasury that your crowd starts going after Medicare and social security, then the blessed "tax cuts" will lead to premature deaths.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Ok.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Most of them still don’t see their error. They never will.

lakefront and Della9250 like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Emails! Benghazi! Coal mining! Build that wall! No collusion! Fake news! Lock her up ....

And the hits just keep on coming. But why deal with a real crisis when you can play to the base?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oh Snap!

(upon further review, I believe it's a parody feed - but a damn funny one.)

"Sarah, does the President have photographic proof that his um, "button" is bigger? And how is he so certain that Leader Kim's um, "button", doesn't work?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Actually, stupid taxpayers are giving them handouts. Why shouldn’t they accept the public’s largesse?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Most of the time, it's the dumb taxpayers. But you also have cases such as the Braves and Marlins where the local government just ignores their taxpayers' will.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I can’t fathom how stupid one must be that this would be the first place his mind goes after the president of the United States threatens full-on nuclear war, AGAIN.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If the taxpayers are so upset about it I’m sure the local politicians who ignored them will be voted out of office. Still not the team owners’ or he leagues' fault for taking the money whenever they can.

I'm very solidly in the "people get what they deserve" camp, from local to national politics.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's what happened with Heinz Field and PNC Park, too. They got county and state money together after the taxpayers voted against it in a referendum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.