1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Is there a reason you assume that was the first place his mind went? If Twitter would ban the President of The United States it would be a pretty big story. Particularly for threatening a nuclear war.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There's a chance all of us, including the schmucks who run Twitter, will be dead within a few months. I look at my kids all the time and wonder if they'll live to see adulthood, or even their next birthday.

But, yeah, a stupid fucking cesspool of a website's "conduct policy" is the big story here.

And, let's save everyone the suspense: Twitter is NEVER going to ban Trump. Ever.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

franticscribe likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

#MeToo

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think people give a shit because they're worried that Trump will start World War III with a tweet. If you take Twitter away from him, you could make the argument that the world would be a safer place, just because he couldn't slag off nuclear powers while he's bored taking a dump. I don't think they're worried that he's violating Twitter's terms of service. They're worried that he's going to get us all killed because of a tweet, and maybe it would be better if he couldn't use Twitter.

lakefront likes this.
  8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

In fairness to all of those organizations, the fans/taxpayers have always been more than willing to fork it over.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I posted the original Breitbart article saying that here. This thread goes by so fast that it can be hard to take it all in.

10. Neutral Corner

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So the talking heads on MSNBC last night were comparing Trump's tweet to Nixon's alcoholic rages in the last days of his administration, when apparently Arthur Schlesinger told the Pentagon that any order from Nixon to fire nuclear weapons must also be approved by Schlesinger. These talking heads were assuring us that Mattis and Kelly would do or have done the same.

But that's missing the point. What Trump is doing is goading the fat little rocket man into sending a nuke our way...namely, California's way, which clearly doesn't matter to the first President since Eisenhower to not visit the state in his first year in office. Once that nuke strikes anywhere, be it Tokyo, the middle of the Pacific, or the middle of Pacific Palisades, the Pentagon will gladly strike back, with Kelly's and Mattis' and most of America's approval.

Then what?

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.