1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. I just thought it was funny how you "cleaned up the quotes" from that link in your post disapproving of "cleaning up quotes."

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's the modern-day Donald Stryker.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why?

We didn't see folks cry on behalf of Ken Starr or James Comey when they were getting beat up by the Bill or Hillary Clinton campaigns, respectively.

This is politics. It's what happens. And, by hiring some folks, who've had to be removed due to their biases, Mueller opened himself up to criticism.

Let's get everything out in the open. I'm all for it.

Let's find out why Huma and Cheryl Mills not only weren't prosecuted for lying to the FBI, but why immunity was handed out, and evidence destroyed by the FBI.

Let's find out why the FBI cleared Hillary before interviewing her, and why there is no transcript -- let alone recording -- of the interview.

Let's find out what journalists have been paid by FusionGPS.

Let's find out why Fusion was working on behalf of the Kremlin, opposing the Magnitsky Act, at the same time they were investigating Trump, and the Kremlin was setting up a meeting with Don Jr. to lobby against the Magnitsky Act. Interesting coincidence.

Let's find out who Steele's sources were, and let's find out who provided the dossier to BuzzFeed.

Let's find out what in the dossier has been corroborated, and what hasn't. Fusion says the dossier contained info the FBI had already heard from "other" sources. How do we know they weren't the same sources, if we don't know who the sources were? This was a Kremlin opp, with info being pushed to all manner of people.

Let's find out if there's any evidence of criminality among the Trump campaign, transition, or presidency in any of their dealings with Russians. So far, there isn't any. Maybe the FBI should release their info, and their interview transcripts, so we can finally learn if there's anything there.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

So you said, "LOL. That's a funny question to ask when journalists widely granted "quote approval" to the Obama administration." Then provided a link that said the Times, for one, banned the practice.

I can tell you that I, for two, never participated in quote approval.

Keep on Trumpin', bubonic plague.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  7. typefitter

8. YankeeFan

The Times had to ban the practice because it had gotten out of hand, not because they refused to abide by it from the start.

Seriously, did you read the article?

Who gives a fuck about you? So, what you're saying is that McCain's campaign didn't demand it? Good. Great.

Did you do any interviews with the 2012 Obama campaign? I'm going to guess no, since you were unaware of this widely employed practice.

Or, are you just telling us that you didn't give Penélope Cruz or Conor McGregor quote approval in the celebrity profiles you wrote. Big fucking deal.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Songbird and Dick Whitman like this.
  9. YankeeFan

10. typefitter

Your nerve, thou hast been touched.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Which you rightly questioned.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member