1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think there’s already an assault on our collective memory. I’m not sure whether it’s intentional, but the effect is that we tend to remember and focus on only the latest and most outlandish Trump administration debacle.

When the hubbub over Wolff’s book was breaking, I caught myself wondering what weird Trump saga will be the focus next Friday? Will the Bannon blowout be more than a blip? Or will it already be surpassed by some other oddity?

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Those fucking mirth Koreans

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It’s hard to fathom why no one takes you seriously when you insist you’re not a pig-sucking piece of shit.

QYFW, YankeeFan and SpeedTchr like this.
  4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It didn't really come up much here (or if it did I missed it while on Christmas sabbatical) but Schmidt's story today revealing how Trump demanded Sessions not recuse himself on Russia, and that Sessions instructed an aide to shit on Comey, is just another example of how stupid Twitter's collective mob mentality is. Schmidt was getting destroyed by lots of people for his Mar-A-Lago interview (people who insisted THEY would have done it better) and implying Schmidt was some kind of lackey angling for access. Um, nope. Schmidt did what he could to keep Trump talking and got what he could out of it, and beat reporting is a marathon, not a sprint. And he showed again today why he's been as good as anyone on the Trump beat. (And I say this as someone who has been critical of the Times plenty this past 18 months.)

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wolff has tapes of his interviews? Yeah, we need those to be released - if they exist.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The President of the United States is suing to stop the publication of a book and no one among the “Exceptional America” crowd gives a fuck.

Republicans must be so proud that the coup is continuing apace.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Uh-oh. People will be talking ...

Trump told Hicks she's 'best piece of tail' Lewandowski will have

In the Michael Wolff's book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House,” he reveals Hicks and Corey Lewandowski, who was fired in 2016 for clashing with Trump’s family, had an on-and-off romantic relationship that reportedly ended with a fight on a street.

Wolff recounts one moment when Hicks was sitting with Trump and his sons in Trump Tower, worrying about how Lewandowski would be portrayed in the media and how she could help him after his firing.

“Trump, who otherwise seemed to treat Hicks in a protective and even paternal way, looked up and said, ‘Why? You’ve already done enough for him. You’re the best piece of tail he’ll ever have’” Trump allegedly told Hicks. Hicks immediately fled the room, according to the book.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He capitalized new record but not Earth.

If “O” had done that, Fox News would be telling us Harvard educations are worthless.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Dammit, Donnie, it's just a record.
    Not a new record.
    If it's a record, it is, by definition, new.
    You can't set an old record.

bigpern23, Big Circus and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Book: Trump insisted on false story about Trump Tower meeting - CNNPolitics

"CNN obtained a copy of the book, and in one section, Wolff writes that Trump insisted on an incorrect narrative of what happened in a June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower in New York that Donald Trump Jr., then-campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, had with a Russian lawyer and several others.

Wolff writes, "The President insisted that the meeting in Trump Tower was purely and simply about Russian adoption policy. That's what was discussed, period. Period. Even though it was likely, if not certain, that the Times had the incriminating email chain -- in fact, it was quite possible that Jared and Ivanka and the lawyers knew the Times had this email chain -- the president ordered that no one should let on to the more problematic discussion about Hillary Clinton."

CNN has not independently confirmed Wolff's assertions."

Wolff's book was to go on sale tomorrow morning at 9, just after his Today show appearance. There's a bookstore in Washington that started selling it at midnight. These guys are reading and writing fast, or they got hold of the book early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.