1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've read that he has tape of Bannon and Katy Walsh. I have not seen anyone else named. Walsh denied her quotes today and that was when it was mentioned that he had tape on her.

2. Neutral Corner

Another quote from Wolff, from a very good New Yorker piece. Wolff is going to sell a shitload of books.

"Trump didn’t read. He didn’t really even skim. If it was print, it might as well not exist. Some believed that for all practical purposes he was no more than semiliterate . . . . Some thought him dyslexic; certainly his comprehension was limited. Others concluded that he didn’t read because he didn’t have to, and that in fact this was one of his key attributes as a populist. He was postliterate—total television.

But not only didn’t he read, he didn’t listen. He preferred to be the person talking. And he trusted his own expertise—no matter how paltry or irrelevant—more than anyone else’s. What’s more, he had an extremely short attention span, even when he thought you were worthy of attention."

Michael Wolff’s Withering Portrait of President Donald Trump

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

+1.
    When I was 25, I wanted to show everyone what a tough guy I was. Look at the hard questions I'm asking!

That's the twitter mob. Whoa, look at me! I'm tough.

It's about reporting. Get the info.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Trump’s going to be piiiiiiiiissed when someone makes a movie out of this book and he’s able to digest it.

Seriously though... imagine the poor saps who have to read this shit to him. Why, I’d rather cover a winless high school basketball team.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Some of the biggest shit talkers on Twitter, when it comes to journalism, are actually terrible at actual journalism. Essays, they can handle. Blogging, they crush. Someone else did the leg work? Let me tell you its shortcomings. But when they get the chance to ask the questions? Derp. The tough guy gimmick wilts quickly. Schmidt played the long game. Get what you can from Trump while you can. Judge the situation for what it is. Keep him talking. The Mike Wallace gotcha technique is frequently bad at producing actual info, but great at making an interviewer *seem* tough.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. After the blizzard, it was the second story on NBC Nightly News last night.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You are confusing me with Sarah Huckster hUgly. And if you and any of your NeoQuasiNazi lovers think that an insult from someone whose political party must remove their fingers from their children’s asshole to type a message I suggest you refer to the trump playbook rule 1: Say Fuck You louder than the person across from you. Say it until they go away. Say it loud enough and long enough that they don’t bother saying it anymore. Winning.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Remember, sports fans, that @heyabbott considers himself to be one of the good guys.

Oh, yeah, and LOL ... he considers himself to be a writer, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.