1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Reading about Trump just reminds me over and over the words of David Foster Wallace:

If you worship money and things — if they are where you tap real meaning in life — then you will never have enough...Worship your own body and beauty and sexual allure and you will always feel ugly, and when time and age start showing, you will die a million deaths before they finally plant you....Worship power, you will feel weak and afraid, and you will need ever more power over others to keep the fear at bay. Worship your intellect — being seen as smart — you will end up feeling stupid, a fraud, always on the verge of being found out...

And, jeez, most of us fall into the trap of only wanting to be seen as one of these things. He worships all of them.

Inky_Wretch and Double Down like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He has a book too? What's it called? I've missed it due to the coverage of Wolff's book.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

For those among us who forgot there's a reason many people refer to our FLOTUS as "a former sex worker..."

[​IMG]

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that he killed himself, huh?

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

As I've also experienced in my own family: Never get off the meds that work.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Posing for sexy pictures does not make one a sex worker.

The publications that did allege she had done sex work retracted their stories, and apologized.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If you read much of DFW's work, you realized pretty soon that he had some serious demons. A once in a generation talent and intellect.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You can't be typing this with a straight face.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's clear that you get your thoughts from memes and social media so it must not be hard for you to find links supporting what you said.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

...or with two hands.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

As straight as his bf Milo Yanchispudoff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.