1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

True.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I just got p.c.corrected...pretty funny to read it. I should have said c***.

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

By far, the worst thing Wallace ever did was put that stupid doo rag on his head. Whatever the short-term publicity gain was, he went from being a good-to-great writer to being permanently (and unfairly) labeled as a pretentious schmuck.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

No. Adding booze to the mix is a straight downer.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL, there's not a blessed thing in there about pot being the reason they couldn't find the right balance of meds. Pot had zero to do with DFW killing himself. Pot has nothing to do with ANYONE committing suicide. It's all in your head.

Double Down likes this.
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

DFW freelanced for a mag I worked at in the 90s, which was a great get for us. What wasn't so great is that he sold a similar freelance piece to another pub that he researched and reported on our dime.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’ll be more than happy to listen to all of this “pot kills” fun and excitement just as soon as we attack alcohol manufacturers with the same vigor.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You must have missed the Michael Sam thread.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Obviously. You shouldn't be drinking or smoking pot in his situation. Not sure why anyone would gloss over the issue of smoking pot.

No, there isn't. But, if he was smoking -- or drinking -- during this period, then he was sabotaging his own treatment and mental health. It would simply be impossible to treat him effectively.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is there a single story with references to shrinks telling him to stop smoking pot because it was fucking with his psych-med regimen?

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Because booze kills, and pot doesn't. And booze kills thousands every year.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I’ve only read a few pages of Wolff’s book so far but gosh that Bannon dude is a tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.