1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Small dicked fat pant loads who buy sex, like trump and presumably YF, are Intimidated by smart women. Look at the dipshit women trump surrounds himself with, wife #2 and #3 don’t have much personality or brains. Ivanka is vacuous. pOnderossa was an illiterate nobody. Sarah Huckster is a brazen liar but not well spoken or thoughtful. Kellyanne? Nothing impressive between the ears.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When I covered Trump in NYC in the early 90s, it was no problem to get him on the phone, or have him call you. It was also no problem to get naked photos of Marla faxed to us on a daily basis.

Hermes likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Right along with the lunch menus.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Ban coffee!

Abstract
    Of 83 hospitalized adult psychiatric patients, 22% reported being high caffeine consumers (750 mg/day or more); these scored significantly greater on the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory and the Beck Depression Inventory than moderate and low consumers. High consumers described significantly more clinical symptoms, felt that their physical health was not as good, and reported greater use of sedative-hypnotics and minor tranquilizers. Since caffeine modifies catecholamine levels, inhibits phosphodiesterase breakdown of cyclic adenosine monophosphate, and sensitizes receptor sites, association of caffeinism with both anxiety and depressive symptoms is possible. (21 ref) (PsycINFO Database Record (c) 2016 APA, all rights reserved)

britwrit likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sounds like a fun article to write.

I'm not sure why you would doubt this. Marijuana messes with brain chemistry. That's not helpful for someone who is battling depression and suicidal tendencies, and is looking to fight them with prescription medications.

Is it shocking that articles dealing with his suicide didn't get into the harm that using marijuana would have done? Not at all. Suicide articles almost always tread softly, and bringing up his marijuana usage would have seemed like blaming the victim.

Hell, read the articles about Erica Garner's death -- from a heart attack, not suicide. They all mention asthma, but almost none mention that obesity likely played a role in her asthma.

It's not nice to say.

Erica Garner, the daughter of Eric Garner who became an outspoken activist against police brutality after her father’s death at the hands of a New York police officer, died on Saturday, according to her mother. She was 27.

Ms. Garner had been placed in a medically induced coma last week after an asthma episode precipitated a major heart attack. She was being treated at Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center in Brooklyn, and died there. No official cause of death has been given.

Erica Garner, Activist and Daughter of Eric Garner, Dies at 27

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The chapter in Infinite Jest that has the man waiting on the woman to bring his marijuana would be a good Rorschach test for this board.

Double Down likes this.
  8. Songbird

Is it funny like the sentence where David Sedaris writes about rebelling against sharing Halloween candy so much that he hurriedly shoves as much chocolate into his mouth till it starts dripping onto the floor?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My gosh. For people who claim to abhor "whataboutism", you sure play a lot of it when marijuana gets mentioned.

Talk all you want about booze -- but shut the fuck up about coffee you assholes -- it doesn't do anything to defend what I've said about marijuana.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that Murrow would be able to deal with the level of culture shock, although his insights would be priceless.

I wish we had Molly Ivins and Hunter Thompson to chronicle this. Trump would be right in their wheelhouses.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Songbird

You can look up my don't-give-a-shit'ism about whataboutism as there are no whataboutism posts.

I'm simply stating that you're way off the fucking mark about pot being some kind of trigger for suicide.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Anxious to hear how trump will help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.