1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

tl;dr

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Pussy

Jk

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There were. I suspect that they were organized by the government and its backers, particularly the clerics. These protests were spontaneous and nationwide, not led by a group in Tehran. There are multiple things happening at the same time - increases in gas prices, food shortages and price increases. The government promised more jobs in the run up to the last election and couldn't deliver. Welfare payments have been cut in half while a lot of money is still going out of the country to fund countries and groups that the current government favors. Little has changed favorably in years for these people, and they're sick of it.

This isn't outside groups stirring the pot, it's homegrown unrest and anger.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, no, no. He's at his desk. Authorities come to charge him. They're banging on the locked Oval Office door, telling him to surrender and it will be easier on him.

Then Trump reaches into his desk, pulls out a gun, points it at the door, then changes his mind, puts it to his head, pulls the trigger and splatters his brains all over the portrait of Andrew Jackson.

And the scene ends with narrator Hillary Clinton saying, "I'd like to think the last thing that went through President Trump's mind, other than that bullet, was wonder how in the hell Robert Mueller ever got the best of him."

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Only when trout fishing. Otherwise, it's Arkansas.

I'm trying to simplify my life, damn it! I only have X amount of hours in the day to obsess over the minutiae of one or two hobbies. So it's cycling and hunting.

doctorquant likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It came out a few days ago that the lawyer had been a friend of Doug Jones for many years and actually worked on his campaign. I read today that he is also a practicing Christian, so far as his religion goes.

That really takes the edge off of "Some, well one, of our best fr... employees is a Jew", doesn't it?

These women were really brave, because while they had no way to know how that story would blow up, they knew damn well that they were putting themselves out there with a very real possibility of becoming targets of the Red State Republican fringe.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They're two different guys. Not sure who the Messianic Jew voted for.

Roy Moore’s real Jewish lawyer is a Liberty University graduate who ‘has accepted Christ’

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Am I her spokesperson?

He refers to himself as a Messianic Jew. Read the article.

10. lakefront

They need all the support they can get, even from the toddler in chief, good luck to them. I am afraid things will die down and be business as usual for them.

11. lakefront

Um yeah, you just passed on what she said, you spoke for her.

12. lakefront

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.