1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You can’t call two republican presidents in a row Fredo.

Try coming up with something new. Maybe Hitler! No, you used that one on Bush too.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

"we all got together" is not how this worked.

First, the dumbass R candidates decided oh, metoo, and wound up with 17 of them running. I could see all of them thinking "no way we are all going to lose to this guy" and "he has no chance".

But the bigger factor was that other candidate on the D side. Deeply flawed, email issue blowing up - minor to some, major to others. And fucking over Bernie and leading a lot of his supporters to vote third party or stay home. There was no "we" in how she set things up to be the D nominee. Hell, she jockeyed herself into position and was ready to fuck over Biden even before his son died.

Just like AL and Moore, if the Rs had run practically ANY other R candidate, they'd still have that Senate seat.

Same with 2016. The only candidate Trump could beat was HRC. And he did.

There's no "we" in determining who runs. The political apparatuses set this shit up on both sides, and then the voting public has to deal with limited choices.

Fuck it all.

I Should Coco and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Super-Genius is Man of Integrity!!!

“Everything I’ve done is 100 percent proper,” Trump said during a press conference on the sidelines of a meeting with congressional leaders at Camp David. “That is what I do, is I do things proper."

He added later, “Just so you understand, there’s been no collusion, there’s been no crime.”

Trump at Camp David: 'Everything I’ve done is 100 percent proper'

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

This guy makes Dubya look like Abe Lincoln.

We're so far down the road to President Camacho it isn't even funny.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Saved for future discussions on our wonderful "Democracy." :)

Vombatus likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

didn't Hugh Freeze used to babble about how clean his program was?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My 401K is kicking ass. Doesn't make me like Trump.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The one thing Trump can hang his hat on is the economy, mostly by just leaving it alone. Which is to his credit.

But all bubbles eventually pop, and you can't describe Wall Street as anything but a giant bubble. When it pops it's going to make a hell of a mess, and after nine years of growth we're overdue for it.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

An interesting take on a candidate who beat Sanders fair and square in the primary and got 3 million more votes than Trump.

lakefront likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In light of this morning's tweetstorm, the final scene of the series finale of the Trump Show will be Trump standing outside the oval office, watching Mike Pence be sworn in as president while John Kelly closes the door.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The "it's Hillary's fault Trump won" argument is pathetic and more than a little tinged with the He-Man Woman Haters' Club vibe. The fault for Trump lies exclusively with those who voted for him. It's not pleasant to think that 63 million of our fellow citizens are either spectacularly uninformed, even more spectacularly dumb or just plain nasty horrible people, but that's what happened.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hey, the kid's not a fetus, he can look out for himself. Bootstraps!

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.