1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And popular vote isn't the goal line. 270 is.

Every time I hear someone make your argument, I think 1) moron and 2) more evidence of HRC's flawed campaign and message. No visits to Wisconsin? Losing the blue wall? But several visits to California for fundraisers. And then slowing down in Sept and Oct after fainting on 9/11.

Geez, what a lame, weak statement RSW. I wouldn't even call it an argument. It's just one of those irrelevant points. 270. Why didn't your I'm with her get to that goal line?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And whenever someone makes your argument, I assume they don't understand results-oriented thinking and are making up ad-hoc explanations for their fundamental attribution error. It's dumbass "winners win" thinking.

She made mistakes. She wasn't perfect. But she wasn't some horrible, bottom-of-the-barrel, only-reason-Trump-won problem candidate.

3. Vombatus

So, you are full of it too. You are painting with a very broad brush. Brilliant comments like "deplorables". How did that work out?

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I think the people who voted third party, wrote in somebody or stayed home had something to do with it, too.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  5. Vombatus

Well, I agree with your third and fourth sentences. So shall we now have breakfast at Tiffany's?

6. RickStain

It's fascinating to see people like you can't understand that things like "deplorable" weren't a campaign tactic. They were simply the truth. Not everyone lives in a "truth is irrelevant, all that matters is whatever we have to say to make sure we win" bullshit land.

Trump's core supporters included a large basket of deplorable subdemographics. The fact that pointing that out didn't lead to a win doesn't mean it was wrong to point it out.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, I didn’t.

And I doubt David Frum - author of those paragraphs- did either considering he was W’s speechwriter.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This is why David Simon is a real writer and the rest of us are rank amateurs:

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. RickStain

If acknowledging that Trump is a mentally ill fascist propped up by the strong white power undercurrent to American society doesn't lead to electoral victories, then America was fucked anyway and nothing was going to change that.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. Vombatus

I'm done for now. Back to memes!

Have a nice day folks. Sorry for stirring you up Rick and Gee. My main point was the "we" thing, and I felt the same way about W in 2000. I wanted McCain, and wondered who was propping up W and pushing him forward when he can barely speak publicly. Well, of course, his dad's crony establishment.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. RickStain

You can pretend to be above it all, but you've made it pretty clear many times that the fact that Trump supporters are considered bad people bothers you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.