1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

It's not sexist to point out she could have and should have won easily if she ran a smarter campaign. Or that someone such as Biden would have won in a historic landslide.

I really don't think enough effort has gone into figuring out why people in states such as Wisconsin and Michigan flipped after voting for Obama twice. It seems weird they suddenly became horrible people. So what were they thinking?

If Trump is running for reelection in a few years, I hope the Democratic strategists put a little more thought into it than "those people suck."

FileNotFound and QYFW like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Why does this matter?

We'll pay more for lettuce. Or people won't eat lettuce, and farmers will plant something else. or farmers will employ technology/automation to pick lettuce.

I'm sorry, but the argument that we need an exploited underclass, in order to enjoy cheap lettuce just isn't a good one.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

That exploited underclass serves the lettuce to the fat cats at Mar-a-Lago every day, doesn't it?

4. YankeeFan

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm sure they're working on the farm robots as we speak.

6. YankeeFan

Do farm robots not already exist? You think everything you eat was hand picked?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Isn't the idea that they would end up paying for it in some sort of backdoor way, tariffs or something?

9. Songbird

Yes, all your tomatoes are belong to us.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You are assuming people flipped. Did they, or did different demographics turn out?

12. Songbird

Are robot-picked tomatoes anything like mechanically separated chicken?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.