1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Isn't it like the question of Mattis (or another general) tackling Trump to keep him from the football?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Probably. What is Trump going to put billions of dollars in tariffs on that won't violate NAFTA or start a trade war? Particularly to pay for that wall, which absolutely has to be an incredibly unpopular thing to try to sell to the Mexican public?

I don't doubt that Trump is thinking something on that order, but I don't think that has a chance in hell.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There are some cool harvesting machines.

Check out this potato one:

Or check out some of these olive harvesters:

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The Obama-Trump voters are mostly a creation of the white-obsessed media. I can’t say literally none exist, but they weren’t numerous.

Trump did about the same as generic Republican in some states and a little better in others. He did this by balancing his weakness with educated Republicans by turning out “economically anxious” old white racists.

Clinton did worse than Obama by not turning out key Democratic demographics, in some cases due to her flaws as a candidate and in others (notably Wisconsin) due to Republican voter suppression.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I especially love all of the "bruise-reducing options" that the tater robot provides.

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

This carrot harvester is cool:

7. YankeeFan

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Quite possibly, but it's a similar issue for Democrats. People wanted to vote for Obama. Why weren't they enthused to go vote democrat this time?

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Uh, votes.

10. YankeeFan

OMG! Inovation!

This guy built a lettuce harvester, that harvests twice lettuce, in half the time, with half the labor.

Workers earn more, and can stand upright the whole time, under a shaded canopy.

Imagine what they'll come up with next.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

My God, that's a Bugs Bunny dream.

HanSenSE and SpeedTchr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.