1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Seems so easy.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What are you talking about?

The unreasonable decision was to just kick it down the road for 17 fucking years, because no one wanted to be seen as the bad guy, who was ordering people out.

And, the people who have benefitted from this status are not all "brown".

QYFW likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Oprah has plenty of qualifications to be President. She built Harpo productions into a multi-billion-dollar company brick-by-brick; you're in Chicago, you know good-and-well the impact she has had. And don't kid yourself -- ask anyone who has worked anywhere near her, and they will tell you she was very hands-on at every level, and is a helluva leader and is brilliant.

She is exactly the kind of President this nation needs at any point in its history.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I know, I know, but I've literally seen people write his name incorrectly in tweets RIGHT ABOVE HIS ACTUAL NAME. It's not that hard to be accurate. It's not his name.

5. YankeeFan

We have Hondurans and Nicaraguans here, under "temporary" protected status, dating back to Hurricane Mitch, which struck in... 1998.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Attention to detail is valued in the public arena.

7. YankeeFan

I'm sure it's not easy. Is that how we should decide immigration policy?

When you let people in, "temporarily", because of an earthquake, some other natural disaster, or war, it's with the understanding that they will leave when the situation improves.

I'm not sure how the country that grants them temporary refuge becomes the bad guy when they ask them to leave -- in 18 months -- after 18 years.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Only if she ran as a Republican.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Because they've fucking lived here for 18 years and ought to be allowed to become citizens except that, well you know, many people in this country are racist pieces of shit.

melock and HanSenSE like this.
  12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Oprah remains a positive and powerful voice, but I was over her by about 1992. And, because it seems to be going this way, I’m almost as weary of celebrities believing they’re just the right person to fix the world as I am of Facebook solidarity campaigns. I’ll go on record now and say I will be disgusted if my party ever tries to make a presidential candidate out of the likes of an Oprah or a Mark Zuckerberg or a Mark Cuban.

HanSenSE and Machine Head like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.