1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

How should we treat these underage American citizens whose parents are going to be deported? What's the compassionate and right way to treat our fellow citizens?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My understanding is that to be eligible for temporary protected status, you had to be in the US when the earthquake (in this case) occurred.

So, those holding the status would have been here as students, tourists, visiting family, etc.

And, while we offer birthright citizenship , unlike the majority of countries in the world, no country would grant you citizenship simply because you had a child, while in a country, where you didn’t have permanent residency already.

3. YankeeFan

So what? If the family chooses, the kids can start. He’ll, some are already nearly 18-years-old.

Or, unless El Salvador isn’t going to let them in, the family can remain together and return home.

And, those kids will always be citizens. They can return as adults if they choose.

4. YankeeFan

Should we let anyone who has a child here stay?

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

We should be more compassionate and stick to killing a million babies a year. What could they possible offer? Get rid of 'em!

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I didn't say that.

I want to know how you propose to take care of those children who are just as much a citizen of the USA as you, me or Donald J. Trump.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Translation: To hell with the kids and go ahead and rip apart families. Got it.

Enjoy drowning in the blue wave later this year.

8. YankeeFan

How who should take care of them?

If they don’t take the kids with them, or don’t leave them with family, I imagine they’d go into foster care, as would any other child abandoned by their parents.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

So I'm still waiting for some *actual* benefit to kicking them out. I mean, I know the real answer is "fuck brown people," but I would have thought they'd have come up with a better lie to tell themselves.

10. YankeeFan

Is there a country on earth where you can become a citizen simply because you have birth to a child in that country?

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Is that worse than literally ripping apart unwanted babies?

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

America should be more like the global community. Except for when it doesn't suit my argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.