1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Least, indeed.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Could we compromise and either:

1) Keep all the brown people but not let them have abortions?

or

2) Deport them all but mandatory abortions before they go?

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

How many poor minority children have you adopted, TV? I assume since you are so concerned with racism and poverty that you're raising "at least" a few, right? Otherwise, you're just another American racist. All hat, no cattle.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

One way to make sure Oprah isn't president is if she doesn't run.

I have nothing against Oprah. Impressive person. But enough with celebrities running for office.

She's not running.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. TigerVols

:rolleyes:

You see, I'm of the opinion it takes a village. My village, for which I pay taxes and volunteer my time. Much like your boy Jesus taught.

heyabbott likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oh, come on. There have to be many other people who you are helping to influence and grow on a daily basis, right? I have to imagine you are making a difference for so many.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Sane people's goal has been to drive Trump out of office from day one. This is not something to be ashamed of. He doesn't belong there, he has done numerous illegal things that have given plenty of grounds to remove him, and it is dangerous to have him there.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe we should give Oprah a chance to talk about policy:

9. TigerVols

Tell me where I've ever said that. Again, I'll reiterate: I support electing government officials who, like me, believe that it's to the greater good of a society to help raise and nurture the poor among it (again, as Jesus taught). Therefore, I vote for officials whose positions I agree with, and I sometimes donate my time and money to them. If I felt that abortion was "murdering babies," then I'd certainly be all about doing everything I can to help the un-murdered babies who are born poor, including putting my money where my anti-abortion rantings are and adopt or at least foster them. And I certainly wouldn't be supporting candidates who espouse the anti-charity rhetoric that I hear from 99 percent of Republican officials.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Voting for politicians who'll get some guys with guns to make other people provide for the needs of the least among us doesn't strike me as all that selfless and charitable.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The question to ask is whether those people did anything during those 18 years to earn citizenship. I’m betting a lot of them did.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If they did, did they apply for citizenship?

If they attained citizenship, or permanent status during the 18 years they've been here, then they won't be deported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.