1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Unless you doubt his sincerity, and I certainly don’t, I don’t think it’s really fair to shout QYFW down. I subscribe to the ‘personally oppose but keep it safe, legal, and rare’ camp. I don’t think anyone is rooting for abortion, so for most it seems like the sad result of a lot of unfortunate circumstances that makes it, in the abstract, an awful thing. I disagree with QYFW on the issue, though not nearly as vehemently as others, but I find his passion admirable. For what it’s worth anyway.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Trumpanzees react to Stephen Miller's cable news appearance.

[​IMG]

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Kiss of Death comes early for Oprah's campaign:

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So THAT'S the gorilla channel.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I mean, he's wrong, but if you believe what he believes, his stance is perfectly understandable.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I am absolutely gobsmacked that the U.S. Government has a policy mandating that fetuses must be ripped apart.

BTW, I'm sure you are aware that nearly 30 percent of all abortions, which consists of nearly half of the ones under 10 weeks are now done by pill, so there's no ripping apart. Instead, it is similar to a heavy period for women. That percentage continues to increase, no thanks to the anti-aborts.

Also note that you said a million abortions. It's actually under that number now, down from a peak of 1.5 million 20+ years ago. That is because of a major reduction in the pregnancy rate, especially among teen girls, who are one of the largest groups who have abortions. The teen pregnancy rate is half what is was thanks to increased teaching of birth control and the increased distribution of it in schools.

All of which were opposed by the Bible thumpers whose solution is to tell girls and women to put a pill between their legs.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I don’t know.

Maybe some of the rules for attaining citizenship should be changed.

9. YankeeFan

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Are they eligible to apply for citizenship?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can foster care handle the added numbers?

Moreover, shouldn’t the consequences of this move on citizens who are underage be part of the equation?

12. YankeeFan

If only we had a body of elected officials who could do that.

Did Dems or President Obama take any steps to make the residency of these 200,000 El Salvadorans permanent?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.