1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So what I hate is people who use "so" before answering a question. Or writing a tweet. An irritating millennial tic.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Interesting - dealt with Denis some when he was in Norfolk. There's an SJ.com related story involved that I will tell one day.
    Don't know him well but know a lot of folks in Norfolk and, at least among them, he was pretty well regarded.
    Twitter - be careful folks.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Indeed.

"So" is the new "like."

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So, like, yeah, you know? I agree.

5. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

We should all realize that the true reason behind the wall is for him to be-as he always says, even when it is inappropriate-honored. It is a timeless tribute to him, Donald J Trump.

To Pay for Wall, Trump Would Cut Proven Border Security Measures

Wish I could cut and paste the highlights! Lots of great points, the best being that the wall is not the best way to go. That is a lot of money for a tribute to an egomaniac.

6. lakefront

wait, what
    yeah, no

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I never knew West Texas was sparsely populated ... I thought it was kinda like Houston.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump is the real 1st black ghetto president. Lazy. Can’t get to work on time. Calls out regularly. Says words that he doesn’t understand with a lot of malapropisms. 5 kids by 3 women and has no role in child rearing other than the occasional payment.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I had never seen this article before. I followed a link by a columnist referencing it as one of the better Trump articles he'd ever seen.

https://thebaffler.com/latest/the-president-of-blank-sucking-nullity-roth

"Trump now “executes” by way of the The Junior Soprano Method. When he senses that his staff is trying to get him to do one thing, Trump defiantly does the opposite; otherwise he bathes in the commodified reactionary grievance of partisan media, looking for stories about himself. It takes days for his oafish and overmatched handlers to coax him into even a coded and qualified criticism of neo-Nazis, and an instant for him to willfully undo it. Of course he brings more vigor to the latter than the former; he doesn’t really understand why he had to do the first thing, but he innately and deeply understands why he did the second. The first is invariably about someone else—some woman, there was a car accident, like during or maybe after that thing—and therefore, as an asshole, he does not and cannot really care about it. The second is about him and therefore, as an asshole, he really, really does."

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. lakefront

or white redneck loser from the south or white loser hick from the north?

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Such brilliant writing back then ... tag team a "Russian" and an "Iranian" ... and jingostic hilarity ensues.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. lakefront

Mostly, I just like the pic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.