1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh God, no.

Don’t blow the Arizona seat too. Trump needs to sideline him.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wasn't the argument for his pardon that Arpaio was in declining health and he had to care for his sick wife? I'd guess that he peels off enough of the crazy votes for Ward to ensure McSally wins the nomination- but who knows in Arizona? Ward apparently had a falling out with the Breitbart wing for some reason.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That was a really good read. My biggest concern with the day-to-day of the White House, though, is that Trump has failed to fill so many key positions at so many key agencies. Still, the continual "end of the world" stuff from the anti-Trump wing is exhausting as can be.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Excusing fascism? You should do better!

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't think he's smart enough or cares enough to truly be facist, lol.

7. Inky_Wretch

Can campaign donations be used to pay for legal bills?

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Arizona pols already saying off the record this is a fundraising scam. If you pay taxes on it, campaign funds can be used for anything whatsoever.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I've covered Arpaio for 23 years. Didn't think for a second he'd actually run for senate.

The Arpaio-Ward fight in the primary will be fucking AMAZING. I'd give anything to see them debate.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

There’s a deal to be made. Will Dems make it?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Iron Sheik really was an Iranian who came to the U.S. In the 1960s. He coached American Olympic wrestlers before becoming a pro wrestler.

Once, as a joke, Classy Freddie Blassie did an taped interview where he looked to the camera, and told Ayatollah Khomeni that Iron Sheik really hated his guts. Sheik freaked out because he still had family in Iran and was worried they would be harmed, Blassie assured him that it was just a joke.

Volkoff was actually Yugoslavian,and hated the Soviet Union. Blassie told him the best way to get back at them was to play such a hateable character.

12. Inky_Wretch

$18 billion over 10 years for a wall that won't work is not a conservative stance.

HanSenSE and lakefront like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.