1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He’s perfect. Roy Moore. Sheriff Joe. Sheriff Clarke. These are the Donald Trump apostles.

cranberry likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, I think he's defining "clean bill" in his own way.

He's calling a bill that deals with DACA and border security a "clean bill", which obviously isn't how we'd normally speak of a "clean bill" and isn't what Feinstein suggested.

But, in truth, it's not as "dirty" as some bills are. No one's suggesting we defund Planned Parenthood in the DACA bill, or do something unrelated to immigration reform.

I think he's saying that the Dems have to give something to get DACA. Maybe not everything, but something. And, he wants a commitment for further action on a wall and other immigration priorities

Now, I don't think Kevin McCarthy and the other republicans are going to give in on DACA without getting a lot back in return on immigration, but we'll see. The idea that the Dems will give anything else on immigration once they get DACA is ridiculous. If Dems are going to give, it will be to get DACA done.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

We’ll see ... as Francis I might put it, I should be very happy to see the clause in Adam’s will that delineates when partisan jockeying crosses over into unconstitutionally “too much” territory.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Obama released his birth certificate in 2008, three years before Trump even started talking about it. Obama humored him and cranks everywhere by getting Hawaii to give him a copy of the long form even though it was totally unnecessary. Trump continued to entertain the idea that it might be forged, even though Hawaii, the only legal authority to say that it is, has repeatedly vouched for the accuracy of the information on it.
    Joe Arpaio thinks it's forged and spent taxpayer money on investigating it even though a county sheriff in Arizona has no legal authority to investigate a document that Hawaii issued.

All anyone needs to know about Uranium One:

Even Yankee Fan, as best I can tell, doesn't think there's any there there. If you think anything in that video is wrong or unresolved, please let me know.

Last time I checked the Russian investigation wasn't over and US intelligence agencies agreed there was Russian meddling.

Sadly, millions of people listen to that talk show host. One of them is the President, who has said "Your reputation is amazing."
    Sean Hannity has pushed the Seth Rich was murdered nonsense and sadly, when Hannity talks, people listen.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, just finished this article from the New Yorker about Bannon's Hollywood years. I can understand why he and Trump were kindred spirits, they're both hucksters. He's seemed to have a talent to make money off of others people's efforts. I don't know where an anti-Establishment GOPer who has been banished by Trumpers winds up, though he could be on the look out for the next anti-establishment GOP darling, like a boy band manager who gets dumped after taking a group to the big time.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Bannon has a kajillion dollars, a lot of time now on his hands and no reason not to write a book of his own.
    Mueller needs to ask Steve to come in for a chat, he's at the peak of his anger.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

His criminal defense lawyer is probably a little more clear headed and dispassionate.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm defending a sack of crap like Bannon ... but what crimes did he commit?
    A little candor is admirable in this administration of lies and deceit.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

In case there was any confusion:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.