1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You read the part in the transcript where it says Fusion wanted to protect its sources because the Russians have a habit of killing people .... right?

No. Of course you didn't.

Neutral Corner and BadgerBeer like this.
  2. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I love the part where he declares that Feinstein "Must have tough Primary!" as if he has any pull in Democratic primaries in California, or anywhere else. Does he think he'll motivate a credible candidate to primary her from the right? Because by tangling with Trump she's protecting her left.

Doesn't he know that a threat from him to "primary" a political opponent to keep him/her in line only has potential teeth when levied against a Republican?

OK, I guess that's a rhetorical question.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No, you've just gone from genial board doofus to a liar and hypocrite of the first order. You're like the lead member of a cult. It's been sad to watch, but we all make choices.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about DACA. I'm talking about the border wall.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's hard to read James Risen's piece in The Intercept about how he fought with his Times editors for a year to get the NSA-is-spying-on-is-without-warrants story into the paper, and also read yesterday'a Fusion testimony of how willing the Times was to print "FBI sees no collusion with Russia" based on lying FBI sources (which led to Steele walking away).

I'm a big believe The Times is doing their best, and trying to get a lot of difficult decisions right, but I also sure wish they'd do a better job.

Pete likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. What's the evidence that a source has "already been killed".

2. If there was some concern about releasing the transcript, maybe Feinstein should have not taken the grandstanding move of releasing it, claiming it was in the interest of transparency, and then redacting it selectively.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's posts like this that show you're just here for the trolling.

No sane - let alone a very stable genius - could see that performance yesterday as a win for Trump. He looked idiotic and confused. He didn't even know his own stance on the issue.

HanSenSE and TigerVols like this.
  8. YankeeFan

I'll take it over the spectacle you've made of yourself.

9. YankeeFan

They're both part of the immigration issue. If you're going to talk about the cost of one, don't lie to me and tell ma that DACA is going to be a net gain.

So, come on folks, now that you've seen the CBO score, who'd like to answer the question, what does DACA cost?

No penalty for looking up the answer before replying.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

“Dirty Dianne” would’ve been a better nickname by Trump. He obviously never listened to Michael Jackson.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I didn't lie to you. Please find anywhere where I said DACA is going to be a net gain. I was talking about the border wall. Stop putting words in my mouth.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Your judgments mean zero to any of us anymore. I wouldn't trust you to preheat an oven.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.