1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

His state of the state address was tonight, too.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"It's a Democrat hoax that was brought up as an excuse for losing an election that frankly the Democrats should have won because they have such a tremendous advantage in the electoral college."

Trump fucked that one up, too. The Democrat advantage was in the popular vote.

And then there's this. Trump's standard dodge-and-deflect line:

"So we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens. I mean certainly we'll see what happens ... "

When the dotard douchebag can't think of a response, he whips out the "We'll see what happens" card. Sad!!

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

There’s evidence of collusion with the Donnie Jr. meeting. Took it with Russian agents to get dirt.

There’s evidence of obstruction of justice by lying about that meeting.

It’s a matter of time.

lakefront likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's a matter of Republican will to give more of a shit about rule of law than they do about the laundry. Which will never, ever happen. They've already decided that rather than face up to that choice, they'd rather retire en masse and take their lobbyist jobs in 2018.

The investigation is just running up the score at this point. Trump has already openly admitted to more than Nixon got forced out for. But our system of checks and balances was designed around the assumption that no matter who was in power, they would operate in good faith, and there's nothing anyone can do about them rejecting that.

All reasonable people can do is hope that the Democrats can scrape up the 54% of the vote it takes for them to have any sort of power in the federal government over the white supremacists.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My way-too-early prediction: A bunch of Trump people go down hard, Trump stubbornly runs for re-election and loses to surprise Dem nominee Mike Beebe of Arkansas.

Trump is facing first-term headwinds that only happen in second terms for typical presidents.

EDIT: Beebe would be 74 and a little change on I-Day. Didn't know he was of that model year, but that seems to be right in the demo of today's contenders.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Link to local report is at bottom of Beast’s report.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Considering the source, are we sure these aren't alternate facts?

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

To follow my previous, this just-post-WWII presidential administration (which started WAAAAYYYY back with Clinton in 1992) is hanging on a little bit longer than most generations in U.S. history. Is this simply the result of longer lifespans, or an increased population with more old pols?

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I draw the line at the Third. No way I'm gonna quarter soldiers.

RickStain and Baron Scicluna like this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So I guess there still are birthers out there.

Arpaio: Congress should examine presidential birth certificates

Not sure what the point is. Maybe if they can prove it, they can put an asterisk next to Obama's name?

And since when was Maricopa County a part of Hawaii?
    He had no legal authority to do any sort of investigation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.