1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Needs a hyphen there.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL, what he meant was ... /YF

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think certain phrases work better without hyphens. Mucks it up otherwise.

4. typefitter

@Songbird's list of phrases that should be hyphenated but look better without hyphens:

1. dick sucking.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yet another false assertion by YankeeFan. He really is trying to keep up with President Trump's lie-per-minute rate, isn't he?

6. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I'll put you down for a no.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Has anyone explored the possibility that one or more of the hosts of Fox and Friends have been recruited/blackmailed into working for a foreign power?

8. typefitter

I don't know about that, but you could easily make the argument that no TV show has wielded more power.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was being facetious. Sort of.

10. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Well, I did say my take was "hot." Your names are already among the betting favorites, and I agree that they are more likely – but not as "hot."

Though I'd be a little surprised if the Dems nominate a woman. I'm not basing that on anything but an (arguably uneducated) gut feeling that ultimately the Dems will just want a W more than proving a point, and if trying to break that glass ceiling two elections in a row adds any extra degree of difficulty, they'll play it a bit safer, even if it's (collectively) subconsciously. But hey, in 2014 I was saying that I just didn't think it would be Clinton vs. Bush in 2016 despite the conventional wisdom because people wanted to move on, and I was only half right. So what do I know.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'd be a little surprised, perhaps disappointed, if the Dems don't nominate a woman.

12. typefitter

I figured. But if you think about it—and God forgive me for sounding like a right-wing loon—it would be a really effective way to shape the American narrative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.