1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Strangely enough, available only on channel 6 for sj.comers ...

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

FTFY

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Putting aside the derogatory reference, I'm curious as to how a sane human can even ask the question that Trump was posing?

Maybe his supporters around here can tell me why it's not odd that the POTUS doesn't understand why residents of Third World countries would want to move to America.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He already has his own network...

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Remember when his campaign “accidentally” used Nazi iconography in campaign material. Twice.

Very fine people.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He wants a return to the sedition laws - keep your eye on the ball.

7. HanSenSE

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s been done

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

The incredible thing is Trump/the White House is not denying it. We're used to people lying that it never happened even know everyone knows the denial is bullshit.

Bought the Wolff book today. It's really interesting.

10. HanSenSE

He's had money his whole life. Has no concept of what it's like not to have it or to work his ass off - I'm talking physical work, not just pushing papers - to get the things he takes for granted.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

My pessimistic guess is that more than half of Americans agree with him. Given a choice between Haitian immigrants and Norwegian immigrants? Who are we kidding? Way more than half would agree with him, and Trump's people know that. That's why they're not disputing the remark.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Half might be a bit high but you might be right. I am often amazed at some of the comments that I hear, often in a surprisingly nonchalant manner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.