1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

GOPers will continue to be spineless.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

From the WaPo story ...

Democrats were quick to note that Trump employs Haitians at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida and that he praised Haitian Americans during a roundtable in Miami in September.

“Whether you vote for me or don’t vote for me, I really want to be your greatest champion, and I will be your champion,” Trump said at the roundtable.

3. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

My guess is that they didn't think they'd be able to get away with lying because there were a number of Congressmen in the room, including a Democrat (Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois). I doubt Durbin would have provided cover and he's a fairly prominent senator.

They were more easily able to deny (i.e. lie about) the December story that Trump had said that all Haitians "have AIDS" and that once Nigerians came to the U.S. that they'd "never go back to their huts" because it was only White House staff in the room at the time, i.e. nobody they couldn't fire if they didn't play ball.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Geepa is drinking again.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fox News: “Shithole” is how “the forgotten men and women of this country talk at the bar.”

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

service_gamer and HC like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Lee Greenwood on heavy rotation.

8. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I don't think it would be correct/fair to say this of all Trump voters in 2016. However it might be fair going forward. It seems pretty clear, if you support Trump you are fine with racism and are fine with a racist President.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

You're wrong. There still are plenty of conservative lifers who, as always, voted the Republican ticket despite the buffoon who got the GOP presidential nod.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Only Southern caricatures can be racist. Ordinary white folk? If they're racist, then the whole society might be racist. And what would that look like? Leadership disproportionately white? Wealth disproportionately white? Prison populations disproportionately non-white? Laws aimed at making it harder for non-white people to vote? If we had any of that here, maybe you'd be right.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This is both true *and* he's right.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t want any of them to run the country either. they are not forgotten, they simply haven’t been worth knowing.

Smallpotatoes and RickStain like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.