1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how detailed the Presidential fitness report is. My guess is the term "acceptable" will be used a lot with few numbers.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There are some gated communities in South Africa that are excluded.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Now dying thinking of the hours-long process of someone trying to explain to Trump that Regine Chassagne is of Haitian descent.

"The white lady? Haiti? The white lady with the sparkly dress and big poofy hair waiving the pom pom things and playing the grindy organ thing that the monkey usually sits on the shoulder of the guy with while the tall guy in the purple forest ranger outfit plays a metal guitar and the ginger hits the big drum and the lady with half a haircut plays the fiddle? Haiti? The seven at best? Haiti?"

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But he's the best athlete! Few people know it, but many people are saying and writing that he could win every medal in the Olympics if he decided to compete in it.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this is true. There are plenty of non-racial reasons that might explain his distinguishing Norway from Hait (as there would Baltimore from Bangor), considering the former tops the lists for all the world's quality of life metrics, and the latter is at the bottom.

You know, I think @YankeeFan actually pulled off a pretty good gotcha here. Creosote says his comments about Gary and Baltimore were for reasons unrelated to race (and I, of course, believe him), but those same sort of reasons also apply to Haiti. We're all presuming Trump's comment racist because Haiti is overwhelmingly black, but you know, so are Gary and Baltimore.

But the difference is context. Posting something on a message board is a vastly different thing than than saying something as POTUS. And Trump's a fucking idiot for not realizing it.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't think he did. I've maintained this on this board for a while. I think that Trump doesn't see himself as racist because he doesn't use the N-word. That's what racists do.

I can't prove a negative, though.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He did. I chuckled in admiration when I saw his post this morning. He's this board's conservative Jon Stewart.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The debt matters now. Somewhere, Ragu just fainted.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

If I could time travel, I would go back in time and force Fred Trump to hug his son and tell him he's a good boy.

I would also bet a lot of money on Leicester City winning the EPL in 2015-16.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This would be a good time for that story to come back around.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It sure would, buddy. It would be the torpedo into the side of an already listing ship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.