1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Omarosa vs. a field of:

<Hey, that POTUS guy sure could attract some big-name celebrities, couldn't he!>

Hermes likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I saw an article recently re the Apprentice tapes. It was recognized as a very desirable leak and possible huge corporate liability early. They were moved and stored under much higher security. There are many many hours worth of outtakes from each show, so it would take sitting down with them and then just grinding through them to try to find a smoking gun. I doubt that we'll ever see them pop up on TMZ. I don't think that they'll surface, but we can hope.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Here's the question I'd really like to have answered. And don't ask for specifics. I don't have the time or the desire to do my due diligence on this. But it's a very general question.

Why in the name of all that is holy do you defend this man in general?

Sure, you can pick this, pick that, make weak arguments for his arrogance and misstatements. But why would you? Do you think he is a good president, or even acceptable? Do you believe he presents our country in a good light? Is this all whataboutism -- "At least he's not Hillary! At least he's not Obama!"? Do you think party affiliation is an end-all -- if it has the Republican stamp, it's got to be good?

What is it, because I can't wrap my head around your default stance.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Nationalized healthcare?

Hermes likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you had 1:31 pm EST in the YF whataboutism pool, c'mon down, you're the next winner!

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You carry his books home from school every day, too, now don't you?

BadgerBeer and typefitter like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breath.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I can. It's because ConfederateFan is racist and he finally has a fellow racist in the White House.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll simply suggest that if he doesn't answer the question, it will be because he can't do so without embarrassing himself.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

He'll say it's Trump's economic acumen or something.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I just have a sense of humor. I can't believe you guys let one poster who is essentially the picture of calm, cool, and collected get under your skin so bad.

lakefront and doctorquant like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.