1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And my dad never carried a piece of luggage with wheels on it, goddamit!

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

1. You've basically poo-poohed his Doomsday scenarios for years.
    2. You disagree on, well, everything with regard to the economy. Quite harshly, usually, and with little acknowledgment that the other ever makes a good point.
    3. Given 1 and 2, I assume this all means that AT THIS POINT IN TIME, you believe debt-to-GDP is fine and dandy (since you and LTL offer gotchas every time a market record is set).
    4. HOWEVER, as a result of tax cuts and deregulation, everything will go off the rails.

Color me amused.

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

images.jpeg

Slacker, BadgerBeer and PCLoadLetter like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even Paul Krugman has said the tax cuts will have little macroeconomic effect. In the long term, the resulting increase in capital might result in some speculative boom in one asset class or another, but it might not, too. The financial crisis was so bad because almost every American with any assets at all had some form of home ownership, the asset class that collapsed.

lakefront likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Again, it was in regard to African countries, whose temporary protective status was expiring, right?

That’s who Durbin wanted to reallocate the visas to, in exchange for ending the visa lottery.

But, Trump’s position is to replace it, and chain migration, with merit based immigration.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I have to imagine the drives home from social functions back in the day had to be harrowing for wives.

poindexter likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

That’s ok. I don’t have a clue what it means.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Well, you and Dickie do have a lot in common.

10. YankeeFan

Right. @typefitter didn’t call the entire state of Montana, which is a beautiful place, a shithole because he’s racist against black people.

He thinks it’s a shithole because white, Christian, conservative populate it.

Which is a totally cool opinion to have.

@poindexter does deserve an apology though. I didn’t realize the industrial makeup of the area around the Oakland County Coliseum.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, I was just teasing you about it. I know much of it is simply Dickie the contrarian at work.

12. YankeeFan

Wait, this was in reference to me?

I’ve lived in the most diverse neighborhoods in some of our country’s most diverse cities.

It’s an absurd claim.

I actually value diversity of all kinds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.